Friday, March 27, 2009

Web Page Building

As I started to work on my web page on the free scholastic site, I found some good and bad that went along with it. In general, I love the idea of creating and having a web page so that students can have the access to check up on day to day assignments and use helpful resources that will help them do that. Not only is it useful for students, but also their parents will have the ability to go on and see what their child's assignments are everynight instead of it being a hassle for them to ask their kids. Hopefully, this will keep students on top of their game especially knowing that their moms and dads know what's assigned to them.

I didn't have many problems going on the site and actually working on the webpage as I did when I was in class where we first started. When I was working on it in class I had some trouble going back and forth editing and being logged off at times which was very frustrating. Ever since I started working at home it hasn't been a problem. The graphics and picture images aren't too creative either. Besides that, there isn't much that I am concerned with regarding my subject field. Does anyone have any suggestions on the scholastic site corresponding to their area of teaching?

2 comments:

  1. Adam with the Scholastic program I am sorry to tell I am no help at all for I could not figure out a way to make the pages meet my needs. But I tried with Teacherweb and I found it to be more flexible. It gives you the opportunity to add and edit pages to the site. Once this assignment is over you might want to check it out. I don't believe Dr. Luongo would mind, the important fact is that we learn how to create one and be able to incorporate it to our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problems with being logged off and not being able to edit until I found one computer that allowed me to navigate the site. After that it got much easier to work. I like some features offered by the Scholastic web page builder, like the book and software lists, but I was disappointed with the graphics and clip art too. I guess if we keep trying things out and learning about building web pages, we will eventually be able to get our own better pictures posted!

    ReplyDelete